At ISSB psychological and outdoor tests are held. To prepare for ISSB you cannot cram books or tests to pass. The ISSB test is meant for testing the aptitude and mentality of students. Here, I am giving you the complete detail of the tests else than interview conducted at the ISSB.
Psychological Test (Second day)
These tests are in four parts as under:
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) – Commonly known as Picture Story writing.
- Word Association Test (WAT)
- Situation Reaction Test (SRT)
- Self Description Test (SD)
Your Handwriting is the mirror to judge your quality. Write neatly and legibly. Since these tests are designed to calculate your IQ, try and complete, as many questions as possible; but at the same time, do not do so without thinking sufficiently. Even75% of the questions answered correctly will see you thorough. Since every test is co-related, be positive in what you write. Your pen picture should tally with your thoughts pen down. Since you are being compared with all other candidates your best performance will take you to your ultimate Goal.
WAT Word Association Test:
Write the first positive thought that comes to your mind. Time given is 15 seconds to write. The sentence need not be grammatically correct or the word used just to write a sentence. Remember this is not a Make a sentence type exam. This is designed to test your inner thoughts. So be careful in whatever you write.
Inter Services Selection Board ISSB Test Sample Mcq’s and Questions
SRT (Situational Reaction Test)
The tests contain day-to-day practical incidents that you will be facing in your real life. Write what actions you, Will be taking in case you are in those situations. There are no rights or wrong answers; best approach is to write a positive yet a good citizen will do. Here your qualities such as Courage, helping attitude, empathy, responsibility, social interaction, boldness, honesty etc are tested. Write down the answers on a sheet of paper so that you can compare the same with some suggestions. (Never copy the suggestions for it might lead you to wrong conclusions)
The Thematic Story writing will be 12 in all. 11 of them are having some picture and one does not have any. You will get about 3 minutes for each story. Do not write stereotype stories. Try different theme for different stories. Remember you are the Hero; the aim should be to bring out leadership qualities of the hero through these stories.
The Qualities that you are to project through your stories are:-
- Alertness, availability for tasks
- Good behavior
- Decision making
- Endurance and enthusiasm
- Fairness, flexibility
- Honesty, hard work
- Loyalty, leadership.
- Perseverance, patriotism
- Tact, truthfulness
Only during the perception test you are required to give the age, sex, mood, and number of group of the persons you see in the picture. Your story should such that it suits the picture yet tells the past is that what led to this situation what is happening in the picture? What will happen in the future?
Every candidate will be asked to write a self- appraisal during the psychological test. This will be the last part of the Psychological test. The aim of this is to make you commit about your-self regarding your knowledge about your-self.
The usual headings under which you will be asked to give out the appraisal is:-
- What is your personal opinion about yourself?
- What does your parent think of you?
- What does your best friend think about you?
- What does your worst enemy think of you?
- What does your teacher think of you?
- What are your strong points?
- What are your weak points?
- What are the qualities you would like to develop?
Tips: Go systematic. Suggested headings:
- About your parents and place of birth and family background
- Physical Attributes
- Social Contacts
- Extracurricular activities , achievements
- Your aims and goals. Both short term and long term
INDIVIDUAL & GROUP TASKS
By carefully following the suggestions you will be able to Project your OLQ (Officer Like Qualities) to the selectors at the Services
Remember to be natural and calm, be yourself, do your best, put the interest of the group before your own, and always be alert. By being yourself your qualities are easily seen by the selectors. All the selectors are well trained, so please do not use any unfair means are bluff.
What do they judge at ISSB in Group Tasks?
- Assessment of Candidate’s Participation within the formulated Rules
- Planning and Intelligent Assessment of the situation
- Individual Quality in context to the Group
- Assuming control of a Group to execute a task
- Assess the problem from different angles
- Assign responsibility to Team mates
- Ability to realize the Potential of Group Members
- Capacity to motivate others
- Creative Thinking
- Putting the Group before the Self
- Helping Tendency
- Originality of Thought
- Quick Decision Making
- Cooperation with Others
- Group Integration
- Planning and Execution
- Leadership Initiative
PERSONAL INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE
- Selection Board (No & Place) Batch No Chest No UPSC Roll No
- Name in CAPITALS as in application form
- Father’s Name
- Place of maximum residence
- Present Address (With Approximate
- population of the City/town/village)
- Permanent Address (With Approximate population of the City/town/village)
- (Whether District HQ or Not)
- Fill in the details below:
- State & District Religion Whether/ST Mother Tongue Date of Birth
- Parents Alive Yes/No
- If not alive your age at the time of Father’s/Mother’s Death
- Parents/Guardians Occupation /Income (As applicable)
- Particulars Education Occupation Income per Month
- No of brothers
- No of sisters
- Your ranking amongst your brother and sister
- Educational Record(Commencing from matriculation /Equivalent Examination):-
- S.No Qualification Acquired Name of Institute Year Division & Marks% Medium of Instruction
- Boarder/Day Scholar Out Standing Achievement if any
- Matric/Higher Secondary
- Age ( Year & Months) / Height (in Meter) Weight (in Kilograms)
- N.C.C Training Yes/No
- Total Training (if Yes) (Give details below)
- Total Training Wing Division Certificate Obtained
- Participation in Games & Sports
- Games/Sports Period or Duration of Participation Represented School/College/University
- Outstanding Achievement, if any
- c) Participation in Extracurricular activities :-
- Name of the activity group Duration of Participation Outstanding achievement if any
- Position of responsibility/Offices held in NCC/Scouting
- Sports team/Extra-curricular group and other fields:-
- Nature of Commission
- Choice of Service
- Number if chances availed for commission in all three services
- Details of last interview ,if any (Air Force/Navy/Army Selection Board)
- S.No Type of Entry Place and ISSB No Date Batch and Chest No Recommended/Not
WHAT, YOU FOLLOW?
Follow the suggestions to get clear the interviews, your answers come under the Candidates Reaction and the right way of answering comes under Suggestion
Candidate’s reactions: a) Peace overcomes war
b) War is destruction
c) I hate war
d) War means bloodshed
Suggestion: Love Peace, but be prepared for war
Candidate: a) Everyone loves peace (Acceptable)
b) I love peace
c) Peace brings Progress (Very Good)
Candidate: a) work is worship
b) Hard work pays (Acceptable)
c) Hard work leads to success (Very Good)
d) Work while you work play while you play (Avoid using proverbs)
Candidate a) Defeat the enemy
b) Defeat the defeat
c) Defeat -don’t get upset
d) Don’t get depressed by defeats (Acceptable)
Suggestion: a) Defeat teaches us lessons.
b) Analyze causes of defeat to succeed
Candidate: a) I Love my Country (Good)
b) Serving our country is Nobel (Acceptable)
c) It’s our duty to safeguard our country (A)
d) Country first self next
6. HOME Suggestion:. Home teaches us Manners
7. LUCK, 8.GHOST, 9.TRUST, 10.COMPANY, 11.PLAYGROUND, 12.CHARACTER, 13.SPORTS, 14.SAD,
15. WORRY, 16.SUCCESS, 17.GARDEN, 18.ARMY, 19.MUSIC,, 20.WAR,21.HEALTH,22.CUSTOM,
23. AFFECTION24.FORTUNE, 25.FAULT, 26.SNAKE, 27.HELP, 28.CO-0PERATE, 29.RESPONSIBLE,
30. WITHDRAW, 31.TIRED, 32.RISK, 33.BOAT, 34. STEP, 35. FIGHT, 36. PROBLEM, 37. MACHINE,
38. LEAD, 39.SYSTEM, 40.AFRAID, 41.SERIOUS, 42.SAVE, 43.JUMP, 44.DIFFER, 45.PROTECT,
46. SISTER, 47.ATOM,, 48.SOCIETY,49.ATTACK,50.ENEMY,51.FRIEND,52.MONEY,53.WEALTH,
54. POOR, 55.EXERCISE, 56.RUN, 57.CONFLICT, 58.PRINCIPAL, 59.EXPERIENCE, 60.AIM
7. Luck plus hard work leads to success
8. Ghost stories are famous in England
9. Always trust your leader
10. Enjoy good company of friends
11. Playground teaches us many lessons
12. Character is a virtue
13. A part from studies involve in sports
14. Happiness overcomes sadness
15. Don’t worry about failures
16. Success is the fruit of hard work
17. My garden has many kinds of flowers
18. Pakistan army is known for its patriotism
19. Music can cure diseases
20. Pakistan won the 1965 war
21. Jogging keeps us in good health
22. it’s our custom to respect elders
23. I have great affection towards my parents
24. Fortune and hard work makes one succeed
25. Engineers are capable of rectifying faults
26. Snakes poison is used as medicine
27. Always help others
28. Co-operate with your neighbors
29. I am a responsible person
30. Yesterday I withdrew my savings to help the poor
31. When interested in work one feels seldom tired
32. Soldiers risk their life for their motherland
33. Boats are used to cross dangerous rivers
34. Failure is stepping stone for success
35. Fight for a noble cause
36. Every problem has a solution
37. Machine is backbone of industry.
38. Leaders always lead
39 .Education systems in India is good
40. Don’t be afraid of obstacles
41. Take things seriously and work
42. Child was saved when he was drowned in the river
43. Analyze the situation and jump into action
44. Opinions always differ
45. Exercise protects us from diseases
Story Writing Tips
- Thematic writing is given to judge your imagination and positive thoughts.
- When you start writing the story remember the following:
- The story should have a Past
- the present (i.e. what is happening in the scene)
- The Future.
- In the story the hero/heroin may be seen/or imagined
- The hero should bring out his good quality.
- The story should be about 12 to 15 sentences
3 for Past
6 for Present
3 for future
Dos and Don’ts AT ISSB:
1. On arrival introduce yourself to the reception staff and show your documents.
2. Make as many friends as possible at the reception center itself.
3. Remember you are being judged by your own batch mates right from the word go. Behave like a perfect Gentleman.
4. Keep a record of all the Bio data, for you will need this to fill up your arrival info form.
5. Do not give any false statement.
6. Always dress up neatly and appear smart. Before you leave your room spend a minute in front of the mirror. A man / woman are judged by others, by what he wears and what he speaks.
7. At the railway station itself buy a city guide it will help you to know about the city and its places of importance, bus route, train timings etc.,
8. Always address the group as Gentlemen, or friends. His/her chest number allotted by the board should be used. (During Discussion and test only.)
9. Know each person of your group by name his qualification; this will help you during GTOs Task. Try and become popular with them.
10. Take initiative, be co-operative. Listen to others. As the time is at premium during discussions, speak up. Be bold and express yourself clearly be brief and do not repeat what others have said. It is better to speak either first or second, so that you will have an opportunity to put forward your points.
11. During Psychological tests, always write positive sentences/story it should bring out the officer like qualities (of which you have been taught.)
12. During interview if you do not know any answer politely say “I am sorry Sir, I don’t Know.”
13. be calm, cool and attentive. Smile while you enter the interviewing room and also say thank you, at the time of departure. Your handshake should be firm.
14. The interviewing officer is a qualified gentleman, never bluff, you will get caught and spoil your chances of success.
15. be confident, rehearse some favorite questions.
1. No lies/false hood please.
2. You have no bad points except to over work to get perfection in any task under taken.
3. Do not Waste your time unnecessarily read some magazines.
4. Don’t be tense take it easy, always think before you answer.
You Find this Article By:
- issb test mcqs
- issb test notes
- pakarmy solved mcqs test in pdf
- ISSB MCQS
- issb mcqs online
- What is the best book for pak army tests 2nd leatenent
- how can i prepare of second leutinant pak army book or any guide of their test
- F A STUDENTS ISSB TEST SAMPLE
- army second lieutenant question test paper
- army commission test mcqs