The British Council has announced the Scholarships scheme (PS3) 2013 and 2014 for the Pakistan Scottish. The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme (PS3) is a grant funded by the Scottish Government, specifically in order to create opportunities for young women in Pakistan to be able to pursue higher education at the post-graduate level. The scheme aims to facilitate and provide assistance to young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities.
The scheme has been initiated in Pakistan in 2013 in response to the identified need of young women in the country who are deprived of the resources and opportunities to pursue and continue their education, and as a consequence to enable them to contribute positively to their community and society.
The British Council Pakistan will administer the PS3 in Pakistan and coordinate with the selected scholars for their tuition fee, subsistence and related issues. The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme (PS3) will facilitate the award-holders with the following incentives:
- Tuition fee for the Master’s courses
- University hostel costs
- Subsistence to the award-holder
- Travel to and from home to the university, three times a year
The award will last the duration of the proposed Masters’ program. This will not cover MPhil or PhD courses.
The PS3 is only for female applicants. Candidates should:
- Be Pakistani nationals, currently residing in Pakistan
- Be no more than 35 years old
- Planning to undertake a one or two-year Masters’ program only
- Holding a confirmed offer of admission from a HEC-recognised university in Pakistan
Candidates from rural areas are encouraged to apply for the PS3.
Candidates should hold an admissions offer for a one or two-year Masters’ program at any HEC-recognised university of Pakistan in only the subject areas listed below.
Applications in other subject areas will not be considered.
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security and Agriculture
Deadline: the last date of submission of applications is 30 September 2013
Completed applications should be sent via courier to:
- Scholarships British Council Pakistan
- British High Commission,
- Diplomatic Enclave Ramna 5,
- PO Box 1135 Islamabad
submitted via email at email@example.com.
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 0800-22000.
More Related Education Updates
- PAK USAID Students Scholarships Programs 2015 II phase Forms and Apply Online
- PAEC Postgraduate Fellowship 2014 for Engineering, Science and Medicine
- Wilson Center USA Scholarship for Pakistan Application Date 15th March 2014
- GCU Faisalabad Mora Scholarship for the Academic Session 2013-14
- HEC-UNDP Fellowship on Federalism for M.Phil on Nov 24, 2013