Police force is the backbone of national security of Pakistan. Police plays a huge role in keeping the peaceful environment in the country. Police is responsible for maintaining law and orders in the society. Police arrest those people who break rules in our country. All four provinces of Pakistan have police force to maintain law and order situation in every part of the country. Police department is made to keep our society clean from different kinds of crimes. The four provinces of Pakistan have their own police that include Punjab police, Sindh Police, Frontier Police and Baluchistan Police.
At federal level there is Federal Investigation agency and National highway and motorway police. The role of Police is to serve the nation and eliminate crimes and injustice in the society. In general we can say that Police plays the following roles like Prevention of crime, Enforcement of law and order, crime investigation, anti-drug squad, Protection of public and property and many other important roles. Police has the same rules for everyone in the society whether he belongs to any class of society. The police force of Pakistan is responsible for protecting the life and property of citizens.
Police force of Pakistan may comprise of the following departments which include Pakistan Rangers, Frontiers Corps, Traffic Police, Railway Police, Crime Investigation Department (CID), Counter Terrorism Department (CTD), Elite Police, District Police, Highway Patrolling Police and Special Branch. Basic education required to join police is matric up to graduation and master. The candidate has to pass the competitive examination for “central superior services” (C.S.S). CSS examination is necessary to join grade 17. Government of Pakistan has raised the salaries of police of Pakistan because they perform valuable role toward their homeland.
You can join the police by going through different process that include physical tests, written tests, medical examination and finally interview. Recruitment in Police Department Punjab takes place on three levels: An ASP (BS 17) is recruited by the Federal Public Service Commission, An ASI (BS 09) is recruited by the Provincial Public Service Commission and A constable (BS 05) is recruited by the Special Board headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police as Chairman, along with two Superintendents of Police.
You should join the police department because you can find the most challenging career with handsome salary. Be a part of police of Pakistan and feel proud.
Salary of police officer in Pakistan:
Here I have tried to put the possible payment figures of police department of Pakistan. Government of Pakistan has increased the salaries of police force of Pakistan. Here is given below (basic pay scale) salaries of Police force of Pakistan:
- IGP: BPS: 22 Scale from Rs. 55,000 to Rs. 1, 30,000
- Addl. IG: BPS: 21 Scale from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1, 15,000
- DIG: BPS: 20 Scale from Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 95,000
- SSP……BPS: 19 Scale: From Rs. 40,000 to 85,000
- SP….BPS: 18 Scale: From Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 75,000
- ASP…BPS: 17 Scale: From Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 65,000
- Police Inspector/SHO…….BPS:16 scale From Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 50,000
- SI……BPS: 14 Scale: From Rs. 20,000-Rs. 40000
- ASI…..BPS: 9 Scale: From Rs. 15,000-Rs. 30,000
- Police Constable…..BPS 05: From Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000
Note: The salaries mentioned above are the average figure salaries of police officers in Pakistan. You must have an idea that a police officer gets many allowances besides getting his basic pay, the other allowances include Ad hoc Relief Allowance, Medical Allowance, Special Pay, Conveyance Allowance, House Rent allowance and several other miscellaneous allowances, where applicable.
For example you should know that basic pay of IGP 22 grade officer starts from 43,000 to 85000, besides getting basic pay a police officer also gets many different allowances. Ad hoc allowance is 15-20% of the running basic pay. Medical allowance is 15-20% of the existing basic pay. Conveyance allowance, house rent allowance and special miscellaneous allowances are equal to the monthly basic pay of civil servant working as a police officer.
Therefore by including all these figures, we come to know that the actual pay of a police officer is even double then his basic pay. The basic pay also increases in different stages and annual increment is also applicable. In addition to this, the retired police officers also get good amount of pension after retirement by the government.
More Related Education Updates
- Punjab Government launches Daily SMS Price Information Service
- Education Consultants in Pakistan for France
- Education Consultants in Pakistan for Germany
- Education Consultants in Pakistan for Australia
- Education Consultants in Pakistan for UK
You Find this Article By:
- how to become a police officer in pakistan
- police salary in pakistan
- who are css officers in bps22 in pakistan
- police inspector salary in pakistan
- how to become police officer in pakistan
- rank of police in pakistan along scale
- punjab police ranks list
- police sho salary in pakistan
- salary of sp police in pakistan
- sp salary pakistan