South Asian University Admissions for 2012-2013.South Asian University SAU order to promote regional cooperation and inculcation of regional consciousness amongst students of South Asia, a South Asian University (SAU) was established in July 2010 jointly by the eight SAARC Member States. The University is currently located in Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, but its own campus will come up in a few years on an 100-acre plot of land in South Delhi. Through a SAARC Inter-Governmental agreement, degrees offered by SAU are recognized in all SAARC countries.
Applications are invited for admission to the following academic programmes,each of 2-years duration offered by the SAU in its 3rd Academic Session to commence from July 2012.
Academic Programs :
- MA (Development Economics)
M.Sc. (Computer Science)
MA (International Relations)
LLM (Master of Laws)
o get detailed information about the minimum eligibility criteria for applying to a given academic program, syllabus for entrance test, format of entrance test, sample questions and other details.
3. Eligibility Criteria
Please note that there are variations in the duration of bachelor degree programs in the SAARC Region. For admission to the Master level programs in SAU, a minimum of 15 years education (culminating into a Bachelor Degree of minimum 3-years duration) is needed. Students who have done 4-year bachelor degree after 12th Class Schooling, are also eligible though the master level program at SAU will be of 2 years duration for all. Students who have done 12 years of Schooling followed by 2-years bachelor degree (total 14 years), are not eligible for admission to Master level programs at SAU.
However, students who have done 2-year bachelor degree and thereafter have also completed 1st year of M.A./M.Sc., can be considered for admission to a Master level course at SAU subject to their fulfillment of other prescribed eligibility conditions including percentage of marks by calculating combined average of marks obtained in bachelor degree and 1st year of M.A./M.Sc. course.
The Final Year students who have not yet completed bachelor’s degree, and shall be appearing for their last year / semester exam for bachelor’s degree, may also apply for admission to master degree programmes and appear in the entrance examination. However, in case selected, their admission will be subject to their fulfillment of the minimum prescribed eligibility criteria including aggregate percentage of marks in their bachelor’s degree.
4. Entrance Test, Date and Venue
Admission to SAU will be through an entrance test that will simultaneously be held in all SAARC countries, on Sunday, May 27, 2012, in two shifts:
- Morning Session:Afternoon Session:
- M.A. (Development Economics) M.A. (Sociology)
- M.A. (International Relations) M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
- M.Sc. (Computer Science)M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)
Note: Candidates will be permitted to write only one exam in each session. Therefore, a candidate can apply for a maximum of two courses (one each for morning and afternoon sessions) by filling up separate application forms.
The venues of the Entrance Test will be:
- India Bangalore, Chandigarh,Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Patna.
- Pakistan Lahore
- Sri LankaColombo
5. Country-wise Quota for students from SAARC Countries
Seats are reserved for applicants from different SAARC countries in the following manner:
- Not more than 50% seats for Indian applicants;
- At least 4% seats for applicants from each of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka;
- 10% seats for applicants from each of the following two countries: Pakistan and Bangladesh;
- 10% seats will be kept for applicants from outside SAARC region;
- Merit lists will be prepared country-wise and the competition will only be amongst candidates within each country; and
- Seats left unfilled for any country will be filled by students from other countries, as per SAU rules.
6. SAU Academic Calendar
- Monsoon Semester 26 July to 10 Dec.
- Winter Semester11 Jan. to 25 May
- Summer Vacation26 May to 25 July
- Winter Vacation11 Dec. to 10 Jan.
7. Tuition and other Fee
Tuition fee at SAU is highly subsidized. Following is the fee structure payable by students coming from SAARC countries :
- Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)US $ 100(one time)
- Tuition Fee US $ 440 (per semester)
- Security Deposit (Refundable)US $ 100(one time)
Liberal number of Scholarships and financial assistance under different schemes are offered to the meritorious as well as needy students as per the following arrangement:
- SAARC-India Silver Jubilee Scholarships, instituted by Government of India, are offered to the deserving and needy students coming from Least Developed SAARC countries(i.e. Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Afghanistan, and Nepal). President’s Scholarship : Any candidate who tops in his/her country’s merit list drawn on the basis of candidates’ performance in the entrance test, in any academic program, is straightaway offered, along with admission letter, full scholarship, called President’s Scholarship, provided he/she falls within top 10 percentile of the combined merit list of the concerned academic program.
- In addition to (i) above, a liberal Need-Based Scholarship/Financial Support, called SAU Scholarship, is also available for which applications are invited from the students soon after they join the chosen course. Students applying for such a scholarship, are called for a personal interview before the SAU Scholarship Committee. The extent of scholarship to be granted to each student is decided by the Scholarship Committee, taking a composite view of the family income of the student and other relevant factors. Continuation of scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic performance to be reviewed at the end of first year.
Completed application forms along with required bank draft should be sent through Registered Post or through courier to the following address:
South Asian University
Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi – 110021 (India)
Deadline for receiving Applications:April 20, 2012.
More Related Education Updates
- UOS Admission Spring 2015 Schedule Last Date
- COMSATS Admission NTS Test 2014 Answer Key and Result Successful Candidates list
- Sindh Madressatul Islam University SMIU Karachi BS, MS Admission 2014-15
- Punjab University B.COM Part 1 Annual Registration Schedule 2014 Application Form Download
- NED University Admissions In Master at Textile Management for Session 2014
You Find this Article By:
- university of south asia fee structure
- usa lahore fee structure
- south asia university lahore fee structure
- fee structure of university of south asia
- south asian university lahore