The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and the Fellowship Fund for Pakistan are pleased to announce the 2014-15 competition for the Wilson Center’s Pakistan Scholar Program. One Pakistan Scholar, who must be from, and based in, Pakistan, will be selected each year.
Successful applicants will spend 9 months in residence at the Woodrow Wilson Center, in the heart of Washington, D.C, where they will carry out advanced, policy-oriented research and writing. The Last Date of the Application Form Submission is 15th March 2014
This scholar program is made possible by generous financial support provided by the Fellowship Fund for Pakistan, a charitable trust based in Karachi. Current Wilson Center Pakistan Scholar Khurram Husain, 2013-14.
This competition is open to men and women who are from, and based in, Pakistan. Applications will be accepted from individuals in academia, business, journalism, government, law, and related professions. Candidates must be currently pursuing research on key public policy issues facing Pakistan, research designed to bridge the gap between the academic and the policymaking worlds.
The Wilson Center customarily expects its visiting scholars to possess the terminal degree in their field. For academics, such as university professors, the terminal degree generally means a Ph.D. But other professions have different terminal degrees; for journalists or businesspeople, it could well be a B.A.
In exceptional cases, the Wilson Center will waive the terminal degree requirement for highly qualified and unusually talented applicants. But under no circumstances will the Pakistan Scholar competition be open to anyone currently pursuing a graduate degree or working on a doctoral dissertation.
In addition, applicants must have at least eight years of professional or research experience. Preference will be given to applicants who have published scholarly books or substantial articles in academic or policy-related journals or Online Source.
Applicants must be completely fluent in both written and spoken English.
Procedures for Applications:
Applicants should submit the following materials to the address given below, and electronically to email@example.com by 15th March 2014
A) completed Application Form. (Please scroll down to the bottom of this webpage to download the form. You can use your computer to type directly onto the form.)
B) a brief (3-5 single-spaced pages) description of their proposed research project, its scholarly contribution, and its policy relevance. Project descriptions should include:
- A detailed explanation of the research topic;
- Discussion of the project’s originality;
- Discussion of the methods, approaches, sources, and materials to be used,
- Where appropriate, the importance of Washington-area resources; and
- Discussion of the significance of the project as well as its relevance to
- Contemporary Pakistan-related policy issues.
More Related Education Updates
- PM Youth Internship Program 2015 Eligibility Criteria Apply Online
- AJK Scholarships 2015 Eligibility Procedure Application Form
- Ireland Scholarships 2015-16 Programs Application Procedure Last Dates
- Liaquat University Jamshoro Scholarships 2015 For Undergraduate Students Application Forms Download
- SBP Merit Scholarship Scheme 2015-2016 Eligibility Criteria Application Form